The Sanyo PLC-XU300 has network capability built right in so you can monitor and control a group of projectors over your LAN or up to 15,000 of them over the Internet for complete central control of projectors around the world. You can monitor conditions like power status, lamp status, signal condition, lamp-use time and so on. You can even have projectors email you alerts when a lamp burns out or there has been a power problem.
Beyond its impressive network capabilities the PLC-XU300 is an impressive projector in its own right. It can accept all the major world video standards for video input and it’s compatible with 720p and 1080i high definition TV. It’s also compatible with more than 75 different PC and Mac resolution and vertical/horizontal sync frequencies.
It’s also capable of displaying all four Closed Captioning modes (from program sources that provide them), which are useful not just for the hearing impaired but for aiding people who are learning English as a second language. CC also comes in handy in noisy environments like trade shows.
With 3000 lumens of brightness and a 500:1 contrast ratio the PLC-XU300 is capable of projecting crisp, vivid images even when the room isn’t totally dark, as when your audience needs enough light to take notes.
And note this: In addition to Dynamic, Standard and Cinema projection modes you can adjust the projector to four different board or wall colors (red, green, blue and yellow) for when you don’t have a screen handy.
- Networking Capability Lets You Keep Tabs on Your Projectors
- The PLC-XU300 is equipped with SANYO’s exclusive PJNet Master Network Interface software for wired and wireless networking. Networking allows you to monitor projector functions and operation via a web browser for up 15,000(!) Sanyo projectors. The PLC-XU300 can automatically email you operating status reports.
- Easy Auto Setup Function
- The Auto Set Up Function corrects keystone shaped distortion by searching for an input signal and detecting projector incline, reducing set up time. Auto Keystone Correction, Auto Input Search and Auto PC Adjustment make this a really smart projector.
- Color Board Mode For When You Don’t Have a Screen
- The PLC-XU300 can color correct for four board or wall colors (red, blue, green and yellow).
- Lamp Replacement Via Top of Cabinet
- You can access the lamp from the top of the projector, which means you canreplace the lamp on a ceiling-mounted unit without taking down the projector. (When ceiling mounted, the projector is hung upside down.)
- Closed Caption Gets Your Message Through
- Closed Captioning not only helps your hard of hearing audience members understand more fully but it’s also useful for students learning English as a second language and to reinforce your message in a noisy environment.
- Complies With World TV Standards and High Definition
- The PLC-XU300 can handle programming in the NTSC (the North American standard), NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, PAL-60 and SECAM standards and it’s compatible with 720p and 1080i high definition signals.
| Projector Display System
|| 0.63″ TFT Poly x 3
| Native Resolution
|| XGA (1024 x 768)
| Number of Pixels
| Lumens Brightness
| Contrast Ratio
| Aspect Ratio
|| NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-N, PAL-M, PAL-60 and SECAM
| HDTV Compatibility
|| 720p and 1080i
| Lens System
|| F 1.60 ~ 1.76, f 22.3 mm ~ 26.8 mm
| Focus/Zoom Adjusting
|| Manual/16x – 1/4x Digital
| Lens Shift
| Recommended Projection Size
|| 40 – 300″
| Keystone Correction
|| Vertical ±30° (Auto Keystone)
| Ceiling Mountable
| Rear Screen Projection
| Projection Tilt Option
|| Manual, Up To 30°
| Built-in Speaker
|| 1 Watt Monaural
| Input/Output Connectors
| Input Terminals
|| RS232 (I/O) x 1
Computer/Component x 1
Computer In x 1 (Shared With Monitor Out)
S-Video x 1
Computer Audio In x 2
Audio In (L/R) x 1
Composite Video x 1
| Output Terminals
|| PC Monitor Output x 1 (Shared With Computer In)
Audio Out (Variable Pass Through From Audio In) x 1
RJ-45 LAN (I/O) x 1
| Control Protocol
| Lamp (Bulb)
|| 225 Watt UHP
| Fan Noise
|| 34 dB Normal Mode
29 dB Eco Mode
| Remote Control
|| Wireless IR
| Power Requirements
|| 100 – 240 V AC
| Dimensions (WxHxD)
|| 12.8 x 3.3 x 9.1″ (325.12 x 83.82 x 231.14 mm)
|| 5.52 (2.5 kg)