MACKIE – 1604VLZ
Industry-standard mixer for live, recording and broadcast use.
Actually, saying the 1604-VLZ Pro is "industry standard" doesn’t give it enough credit! Audio professionals view the 1604-VLZ Pro as the top compact mixer choice for any live or recording application where sound quality, ease of use, and durability are essential. Not only is the 1604-VLZ Pro perfect for live sound recording and small- to medium-sized studio recording, it also has excellent submixing capabilities with its ample number of preamps and a large host of features
Ultra-clean XDR mic preamps
The key to the 1604-VLZ Pro’s great sound comes from the 16 XDR mic preamps. They’ve been designed specifically to deliver a quality of audio above any mixer in its class. You’ll hear the difference the minute you plug in! There’s also fantastic protection from RFI. Find out why these are one of our best selling mixers.
Line inputs, inserts and more
The 1604-VLZ Pro doesn’t skimp on inputs. In addition to the 16 mic ins it features line inputs on every channel. Plus, every channel has an insert for connecting to outboard gear. The 1604-VLZ Pro also six aux sends per channel, with eight direct outs and four stereo aux returns.
Built to last!
The 1604-VLZ Pro is a great example of Mackie’s "built like a tank" construction. The rugged steel main chassis holds up to the punishment that constant gigging can dish out. The long-life 60mm faders will perform well whether it’s your first gig or your 500th. And the sealed rotary controls resist wear and offer smooth operation.
Easily converts to rack use
Don’t have the table space for a console? Mount the 1604_VLZ Pro vertically in a rack! This Mackie feature gives you the flexibility to use your mixer in cramped spaces such as a rehearsal room or control room. And with the available Roto-Pod, there’s no need to fumble around the back of the cabinet to make connections.
Pros everywhere have known for a long time that Mackie mixers deliver performance, long life and economy. If a 16-channel mixer is in your plans you can’t go wrong with a 1604-VLZ Pro!
- Ultra-low noise, high headroom
- 16 precision-engineered XDR(tm) Extended Dynamic Range premium studio-grade mic preamps with:
- 130dB dynamic range for 24-bit, 192kHz sampling rate inputs
- Advanced DC pulse transformer RF rejection
- 4 subgroups with left & right assigns and direct outs
- 16 line inputs, 16 channel inserts
- 60mm long-wearing logarithmic-taper faders
- 6 aux sends per channel
- Aux 1 & 2 pre/post
- Aux Send 1-2 Master section with level controls, Solo switches and Solo LEDs
- 4 stereo aux returns, 8 direct outs
- 3-band active EQ with sweepable midrange
- 18dB/oct. 75Hz Lo Cut filter on each channel
- Control Room/Phones outputs with multi-input source matrix
- RCA tape inputs & outputs
- Tape input level control and Tape To Main Mix switch
- Balanced 1/4" inputs & outputs (except inserts)
- Switchable phantom power for condenser mics
- Rugged steel main chassis, sealed rotary controls
- Built-in power supply, rack mount kit included