Midas – Pro6
The Midas – Pro6 comprises a control surface (console), a DL371 modular, upgradeable, remote processing engine, and a networked system of I/O devices (up to 11 discrete devices) all connected by inexpensive CAT 5e cabling. Each PRO6 Touring Package ships complete with a MIDAS DL351 modular stage box, featuring 56 MIDAS mic inputs and 8 analogue XLR outputs in its default configuration. PRO6 is also compatible with any of the MIDAS DL series digital I/O units. In addition to this, the PRO9 console has three card slots on its rear panel which can house any combination of MIDAS DL series I/O cards. The default configuration is 8 line inputs and 8 analogue outputs with TRS connectors, 8 XLR analogue outputs, 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs on 4 AES3 input/output pairs. This can be quickly reconfigured with whatever I/O is required. Redundant power supplies are included with every system as part of the PRO6’s failure-tolerant architecture.
PRO6 is easy to configure and operate. Engineers who are new to MIDAS digital can relax, enjoy the PRO6’s sample-synchronous audio quality, and mix from well within their comfort zone. Engineers already familiar with MIDAS can just load their existing show file straight into the PRO6, regardless of which MIDAS digital console it was created on, and carry on working.
In addition to the PRO6’s 56 primary input channels, PRO6 also features 8 aux returns, all of which feature 4-band MIDAS parametric EQ and insert points. These 8 aux returns can be used as returns for the PRO6’s 8 internal multichannel FX processors, or as additional mic input channels.
A total of 64 input channels have routing to 35 phase-coherent mix buses, which comprise 16 user-configurable buses (which can be mixes, subgroups or mix minus groups), and 16 matrix buses. The Matrix buses source from inputs, as well as groups, and so can be used as 16 additional auxes (monitor mix and FX sends) which provides a total of 32 mixes (plus L, R & Mono) for monitor mixing duties. All buses can be linked as stereo pairs (except the mono bus).
As with all MIDAS digital consoles, the audio paths can be routed to multiple destinations and the console format can be reconfigured live on a scene-by-scene basis.
By fitting additional DSP modules and I/O, PRO6 can be upgraded to full PRO9 configuration, which features 88 input channels, 8 multichannel FX processors and 35 mix buses.
- Live performance digital console control centre with up to 64 simultaneous input channels
- Includes DL371PRO6 Audio System Engine with 24 Gigaflops digital signal processing performance
- DL371PRO6 fitted with 5 DL371A DSP cards as standard
- Additional DL371A DSP cards allow upgrade to PRO9 and N+1 redundant operation
- 35 time-aligned and phase-coherent mix buses
- 40 bit floating point processing with 96 kHz sample rate
- HyperMAC and AES50 networking allows up to 288 inputs and 294 outputs @ 96 kHz sample rate
- HyperMAC router with 192 bidirectional channels over copper and optical fibre
- Provides dual redundant snake connection to DL371PRO6 Audio System Engine
- Snake connections up to 500 m with optical fibre or 100 m with CAT5/5e cable
- 10 VCA (variable control association) and 8 POPulation groups
- Up to 36 assignable 1/3 octave KLARK TEKNIK DN370 graphic equalisers
- 29 MIDAS PRO motorised 100 mm faders
- 2 daylight viewable 15” full colour TFT display screens
- Fully interpolated touch sensitive controls
- Optional wireless remote control with MIDAS MIXTENDER App for iPad
- Three bay auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supplies with N+1 redundancy
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in England